I absolute adore mojitos! They are the ultimate summer drink for me. I happened to fall in love with them on a Spring Break trip to Miami–I once ordered one that was the size of my head there! They are refreshingly zesty from the lime juice with a note of herbaceousness from the mint, and ends on a sweet note with simple syrup…and in this case Sweet Tea, too! This is a great drink to make for a cocktail party since you can make it a pitcher drink and have your guest serve themselves. Having a signature cocktail that’s in a batch makes hosting much easier because you’re free to pour and greet your next guest!
During the hot days of August, I always try to have the fixings for mojitos on hand. You never know when you’ll have a party!
Let’s get muddling!
Sweet Tea Mojito Pitcher
Greet your guests with a pitcher of Sweet Tea Mojitos. This will get the party started!
- Mint-Lime Simple Syrup: Heat 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar until all grainuals are dissolved. Then remove from heat and infuse with 4-5 mint sprigs and the zest of 2-3 limes. Let stand with the herbs for about 15 minutes or until you can taste the flavor. Cool in the fridge, and store in a container for up to a week.
- Mint Leaves
- Sweet Tea Vodka
- Club Soda
- Step 1 Muddle about 30 mint leaves with 1/4 cup of the mint-lime syrup. No bar cart is complete without a muddler, but the back of a wooden spoon does the trick.
- Step 2 Once the leaves have broken down, add 3/4 cup more syrup along with 1 cup of fresh lime juice and 1 1/4 cups Sweet Tea Vodka. I use the Firefly brand Sweet Tea vodka, but use your favorite!
- Step 3 At this point, stir all the ingredients to combine and place in the fridge to cool down.
- Step 4 When your guest start arriving, add 1 liter of chilled club soda to the pitcher. Serve at your drink station with a bucket of ice, cute glasses, colorful straws (mine are Pink Sailor from Fishs Eddy), and lime slices for garnish. I usually greet a guest with a cocktail, but over the course of the party they can easily help themselves.
A Single Sweet Tea Mojito
In a chilled collins glass muddle about 5-7 mint leaves with 1/2 oz of chilled club soda. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 1/2 oz Sweet Tea Vodka, 3/4 oz fresh lime juice, and 3/4 oz of the mint-lime syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into the prepared glass, and top with 1 oz of club soda to top off your glass. Garnish with some lime slices or mint sprigs.
My friends love this Sweet Tea Mojito, and I hope yours do too! Keep posted for more Sunday Sips.